Monday, March 2, 2009

Inspiration Demands Activation

When was the last time you experienced an "aha moment," whether through a best-selling book, a dynamic motivational speech, or an unexpected creative idea while you were driving to work?

Did you write down your inspiration? Perhaps you shared it with your spouse or a close friend. Or maybe you did a voice recording . Or did you consider it one of your crazy ideas that probably wouldn't work even if you followed through with it?

My point is this: Inspiration without activation equals frustration.
What have you done to activate your inspiration? How far along are you on the path to converting that vision, dream, or idea into a reality? If you are like most of us, you're waiting for the right time, the right conditions, or the right opportunity.

I attended a Christian writer's conference last week, and at age 62 I assumed I would be one of the oldest conferees. I was amazed to discover folks in their seventies --many of whom were first-timers, as I was. They were seniors on a mission--to put into words what their heart had dictated years earlier. I came home determined that, if they could do it, so could I.

And so I am, as one middle-aged lady put it, embarking on a new career. I am a Christian writer, and you are reading my first blog.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

1 comment:

  1. Dave you are an inspiration to everyone who really knows you! I'm glad to see you are setting your divine inspiration on a path of action.

    I don't think anyone is ever too old or too young to follow the path that is right for them. I think many people, in this world of extreme change and opportunity, are finally feeling the freedom to be who they truly are.

    Let me know if you need any help as you are learning how to blog (it's me, Wendy! And this is what I do for a living!! LOL)

    Take care!

    4's!!

    (Say HI! to Pinky for me please)

    ReplyDelete